Monday, July 28, 2014

Note from Karlan's mom

Karlan didn't have time to write a blog post this week, but she says to say hi to everybody, and that she sends her love.  She looks forward to sharing more about missionary life next week.

She did mention the heat in her letter to her dad and me:  "The weather has been as high as 40 some days, and usually at least 30, so it's hard to get the energy to get up and go out. (These are all in Celsius, of course.) This is not what I had in my mind when I thought about serving my mission in Finland! I'll be a bit relieved when winter comes back around. I'd rather bundle up than end up covered in sweat.  It's starting to gradually get darker earlier, although it's still about normal for a USA summer. We walked through a refrigerated section of the grocery store today, and it felt wonderful."

'Til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment